Alternative Nursing Careers
If you like the idea of providing patient care but don’t necessarily feel drawn to a hospital setting, you’ll be happy to know the nursing profession is more diverse than ever. By earning your BSN degree from Loyola University Chicago, you can practice nursing by land, sea, or air.
You can use a BSN degree to become a:
- Clinical research nurse: focus on patients participating in clinical trials
- Cruise ship nurse: take to the high seas to care for weary travelers
- Flight nurse: care for patients before, during, and after air transport
- Hospice nurse: keep terminally ill and dying patients as comfortable as possible
- Forensic nurse: assess, screen, treat, and collect forensic evidence from crime victims
- Informatics nurse: select the technology for a health care facility
- Legal nurse consultant: collect, organize, audit, and maintain health records for legal use
- Nurse recruiter: help companies find qualified applicants to fill nurse job openings
- Office nurse: care for patients in a private practice setting
- School nurse: implement strategies that promote student and staff health and safety
- Travel nurse: fill temporary nursing shortages in certain areas of the country
Contact us to learn more about how our ABSN program prepares you for alternative nursing careers.